We have a long history of acting for banks and other financial institutions. We advise them on corporate, real estate, project and lease finance transactions as well as compliance, regulatory and other general banking matters. We have a particularly strong client base among international overseas banks with branches in London.
Our Finance practice advises on:
- Trade and Commodities finance
- Real estate finance
- Project finance, PFI/PPP
- Ship finance
- Corporate finance
- Regulation and compliance.
Thomas Cooper LLP have a proven track record of acting successfully for our clients. The Finance case studies below are examples of our approach and the success it has brought our clients.
- Advising and documenting a leading Arab banking group in relation to US$450 million invoice discounting facilities to a major European manufacturer;
- Advising a European client on its fleet refinancing of (Euro 125 million) involving two major European banks and with a security package that covered the client’s worldwide fleet;
- Advice, negotiation and successful exit from syndicated and bilateral facilities for a major Far East financial institution following the standstill and restructure of the worldwide debt of a commodities trading company;
- Advising a private bank on the restructuring and/or enforcement of its facilities to certain offshore trusts and related intercreditor issues;
- Negotiating and finalizing $350 million cross-border receivables financing structure;
- Advising the UK subsidiary of a major European hotel chain in the acquisition of premises in London