Andrew is a solicitor in the Shipping and Commercial Litigation Group. He advises on a wide range of contentious shipping and commercial matters, acting predominantly for ship-owner and charterer clients and their insurers. His practice focuses on ‘dry’ charterparty litigation, although he also has acted in matters arising from vessel casualties, as well as a number of high-value ship construction disputes. He is well-versed in handling P&I and FD&D matters, and familiar with P&I Club rules.
Andrew also has a keen interest in Information Technology and its uses in the shipping industry, and in litigation.
- Gard Marine & Energy Limited (Appellant) v China National Chartering Co Ltd and another (Respondents) (The “Ocean Victory”)  UKSC 35
- Teekay Tankers Ltd v STX Offshore & Shipbuilding Co Ltd  EWHC 253 (Comm)
- Acted for a ship-owner client in connection with fraudulent misappropriate of funds, obtaining Norwich Pharmacal relief and a significant recovery
- Acted for a slot charterer in relation to cargo claims arising from a fire on board a containership
- Acted for a slot charterer in connection with an engine room fire.
Andrew joined Thomas Cooper in 2018 from MFB Solicitors, a specialist London shipping practice, where he trained and qualified. Prior to that he worked for 5 years as a claims handler in the London office of an International Group P&I Club.
Andrew holds a law degree from University Nottingham and completed his LPC at the College of Law.
- Law Society of England and Wales