Juan is the head of our Madrid office and a member of the Emergency Response team. He specialises in wet and dry shipping and is a member of our Emergency Response team. Juan has experience of a wide variety of shipping problems, particularly concerning the carriage of oil and gas. He travels regularly to South America and advises oil majors, shipowners, mining companies, insurers and traders based there and in Spain on shipping, insurance and international trade.
- KOS – Deductions from hire
- WADI SUDR – Cargo claim/unseaworthiness/anti suit injunction
- L Dreyfus v Carboex – Strike Clause
- Fibria v Panocean – Cancellation of COA
- ACONCAGUA – Fire on container vessel
- ASIAN CHORUS – Fire on car carrier
- FLAG ADRIENNE – Collision with dredger
- LIBRA PATAGONIA – Container vessel grounding
- RED POINT – Tanker grounding
- TERRY UNO – Collision/ total loss of general cargo vessel
- VERGINA II – Pollution off Brazil
Juan became a partner in 1997 after joining the firm in 1991. He read law at the University of Valencia and obtained an LLM from the University of London. Juan is a member of the Spanish-Ibero American Maritime Law Institute, the Bar Association (Valencia, Spain) and the Spanish Maritime Law Association. He is fluent in Spanish (mother tongue) and Portuguese and has conversational Italian.
...recommended for shipping litigation...Legal 500, EMEA