We advise both employer and employee clients in relation to all aspects of employment law and partnership law
We have a particular expertise in advising on:
- employment law matters with an international nature to them (notably in the aviation and marine sectors);
- trade union related matters for our employer clients; and
- high net worth employee clients.
In carrying out this advice we undertake the following services:
- general employment advice;
- document reviews (including contracts of employment, handbooks, policies and bonus schemes);
- employment litigation (High Court and Employment Tribunal) and settlement agreements;
- data subject access request advice;
- industrial relations law;
- advising on the employment law aspects of mergers and acquisitions;
- English private international law aspects of employment law;
- termination of employment and of engagements as a partner;
- business protection advice, including advising on restrictive covenants;
- advising on the Maritime Labour Convention.
We have a proven track record of successfully acting for our clients. The Employment case studies below are examples of the approach of our lawyers and the success they has brought for clients for which they have acted.
- Advising on the English law aspects of a dual employment situation arising between two associated employers, which had created a potential liability to higher wages in England as a result of actions undertaken abroad by one of the associated employers. This matters involved two separate batches of cases in the Employment Tribunal and the Employment Appeal Tribunal before the matter was concluded in favour of the employer client.
- Advising numerous clients in the marine sector on striking out claims in the Employment Tribunal based on the lack of a jurisdictional connection between the relevant employment of the claimant employees and their respective employers with the United Kingdom.
- Advising employer clients on numerous delivery up of documents and property requests in relation their current or former employees, resulting in the return of those documents and property.
- Advising numerous employer clients on how to deal proportionately with broad-ranging data subject access requests presented by various of their employees.
- Advising employer clients on the consequences of proposed industrial action by their employees, including how to deduct pay in connection with alleged working to rule.