Shipping Focus – Spring 2014
Welcome to the Spring 2014 edition of Shipping Focus, the e-update from Thomas Cooper’s Shipping Group, in which you can review the latest legal developments in your area of shipping and keep up to date with Thomas Cooper’s news and forthcoming events.
You may view the newsletter in your browser, otherwise click below to view each article;
- An essential guide to the French joint court Surveyor’s investigation
- Singapore Arbitration – same old, same old or something different?
- Astro v Lippo
- The Griffon
- What to do when you have doubts about a survey report?
Thomas Cooper news
George Lambrou will be a course tutor in the first ever “Introductory Course In International Arbitration” to be accredited by the Chartered Instituted of Arbitrators (CIArb) in Greece on Friday 16 May 2014.
This is a one day introductory course to be held at the Marine Club in Piraeus and is the first step to following the CIArb’s “Pathways to Fellowship” Programme. If you would like to register, please contact the CIArb European Branch directly by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thomas Cooper new joiner
Shipping Solicitor, Dimitris Anassis joined Thomas Cooper’s Piraeus office in February 2014.
Thomas Cooper events
- The Thomas Cooper São Paulo office hosted a Commodities seminar on 3 April 2014 in São Paulo. Thomas Cooper speakers included Juan Alegre, Charles Williams, Richard Hawkins and Celso de Azevedo. The seminar focussed on International Law of Sale, Finance and Shipping of Commodities.
- The Thomas Cooper Piraeus office hosted a shipping seminar in Piraeus on 20 March 2014 at the Yacht Club in Greece. The seminar was very well attended with over 100 delegates. The theme was “All You Need To Know About English Law” and the Thomas Cooper speakers included head of Piraeus office, Douglas Bateson, partners, George Lambrou and Ioanna Vitta and new shipping solicitor Dimitris Anassis.